REQUIREMENTS TO TRAVEL TO CHILE
Trips to Chile are increasingly simpler in their processing.
If you wish to travel to Chile from October 1, 2022, the mobility pass or the use of masks will no longer be required, except in hospitals or clinics.
At the Santiago de Chile International Airport, the random testing of the PCR continues upon arrival, but in smaller quantities.
These will be the requirements to enter Chile from October 1, 2022
- Passport or Identity document Minimum validity 6 months.
- Unvaccinated people must present a negative PCR test no later than 48 hours prior to traveling to Chile.
- Foreigners will have to accredit the Vaccination Certificate of their country. (Bring it printed or on the phone)
- Health Insurance with COVID19 coverage in Chile is optional, but our Travel Agency recommends. You can consult Click Here.
- Any person over 18 years of age who enters Chile through the Santiago Airport (SCL), must complete the Sworn Declaration of the Agricultural and Livestock Service (SAG) and indicate if they are bringing products of plant and/or animal origin, thus avoiding entry pests and diseases that could damage agriculture. Thus, in order to reduce physical contact and offer a better travel experience to those who enter the country through our main air terminal, from now on they will be able to complete the form that was previously filled out on paper, using their mobile devices. (cell phone or tablet), entering the site 48 hours before your arrival https://djsimple.sag.gob.cl/
More information here
HOW TO GET TO PUERTO VARAS
By Air: El Tepual Airport located 22 km southwest of our city, connects Puerto Varas with Santiago, capital of Chile, the plane trip is approximately 01:30 hours. There are flights every day of the week with a wide variety of schedules to and from the city of Santiago and other cities in our country.
The journey from El Tepual Airport to the city of Puerto Varas is made through route V-590 known as the Camino a Las Lomas, being the shortest route and with a beautiful landscape of green meadows. There are private transport services, taxi and rent a car to travel from the airport to our city.
By Land: Puerto Varas is located next to Route 5 or also known as the Pan-American Highway, considered the main land route in our country. The 1,050 km trip from Santiago can be made by car or bus, and there is a regular passenger transport service that connects our city with the capital every day of the year at different daily times.
WEATHER IN PUERTO VARAS
The city of Puerto Varas is located in the Lakes Region, in southern Chile, as we are located at parallel 41º 19` south latitude and 72º 59` west longitude, this area is characterized by its warm temperate rainy climate without season. dry, with rains mainly concentrated in autumn and winter. Due to the oceanic influence, the thermal amplitude, both daily and annual, is not very marked. The average annual temperature is 10.4º C, with the warmest month being January, with an average temperature of 14.7º C, and the coldest in July, with an average of 7º C.
The official time in Chile is made up of three time zones, according to the coordinated universal time or UTC, due to the fact that said country has a presence in America, Antarctica and Oceania: the «Official Time of Continental Chile and Chilean Antarctica» and the «Hora Official of Western Insular Chile» (Easter Island and Sala y Gómez Island).
Los Lagos is a region in southern Chile known for its forests, Andes mountains, and lakes. The regional capital, Puerto Montt, is a busy port with a neoclassical wooden cathedral. Nearby active volcanoes include Osorno, with its cone covered by a glacier, and Calbuco. To the south, the island of Chiloé is known for its wooden churches and fjords where whales can be seen. The capital city, Castro, has colorful houses built on stilts.
In Chile the common voltage is 220V, while the frequency is 50Hz.
The vast majority of hotels have 220V and 110V outlets (plugs or pins).
The most used outlets in Chile are generally Type C or Type L
Type C Outlet
Type L Outlet
MORE USEFUL INFORMATION
The official currency of Chile is the Peso, in the downtown area of the city it is possible to find ATMs that allow you to withdraw money in the local currency and foreign currency exchange houses. In the stores they accept payment with international bank cards, but not all allow payment with dollars or euros, so it is recommended to exchange currency at the established store.
Prohibition of Delivery of Plastic Bags
Puerto Varas was one of the pioneer cities in our country to ban the delivery of plastic bags in commerce, with the aim of reducing the use of plastic, so we recommend bringing reusable bags to make purchases in our city.
More Useful tips AQUÍ